Friday, December 31, 2010

A successful 2010, and planning for 2011

  • 2010 Review 

I posted my 2010 goals a year ago...
  • Sew from stash, with meaningful purchases
  • I did sew from stash, but don`t have a true sense of numbers as my journal is sadly out of date.  I did buy fabric to complete the quilts, but they were needed.
    According to my not yet updated journal I`ve completed over 94 projects this year... but that doesn`t include those I made for Christmas gifts that I haven`t journaled yet...  I really need a new system of journaling -- one that I can keep up with!
  • Sew for me
  • I did some sewing for me - until I looked at the photos I didn`t think I finished much... but I finished 8 tops, 3 pairs of pants (not all shown), a nightgown, a dress and wrap.
  • Sew 3 quilts
I got one finished, started and finished a crib sized quilt and have two others much closer to completion, but they are still only as quilt blocks... Hopefully soon the blocks will form quilt tops, then the tops form quilts...  My kids are hoping these will be completed by their birthdays - which are coming up quickly.


  • Finish the works in progress
I did finish some of my UFOs and WIPs but really need to focus on this again...  


Some other sewing...


Sewing for others... mainly my kids.  I did some alterations and tshirts for my husband too!
1. Swimsuits in action!, 2. A Tam for my daughter, 3. Hats for all, 4. A New Dance Costume







And in order to complete this, I will need to clean my sewing room :) and hopefully keep it clean


And as for this goal - totally missed this one!  It still needs cleaning (or is it that it needs cleaning again?

2011 Sewing Resolutions
My goals for the upcoming year are very similar to the past few years

  • Make meaningful fabric purchases
  • Finish UFOs
  • Start Gift Sewing Early
¸
Specific projects that I need to work on

  • Quilt 2 (for Jan 2011) & Quilt 3 (for February 2011)
  • Kilt (probably for fall 2011)
  • Jig & Hornpipe Costume for oldest daughter (for Summer 2011)
  • Swimsuit for me (for our trip to Disney World February 2011)



Patchwork Times

1 comment:

Barb said...

Great goals, Leah! I love your kids highland outfits...I still have my national and hornpipe costumes that my grandma sewed for me a long, long time ago!