Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Virtual Sewing Retreat...

Day 2 of Virtual Sewing Retreat. Check out what everyone else is working on!

Today was a day with more interruptions than yesterday.  My youngest daughter was upset this morning, so I couldn't just drop her at school, I waited until she settled before coming home.  Because of the new hot water tank install yesterday I didn't get laundry done, so started that today.  I finally did get some sewing done and pieced the quilt backing.

The backing was a little more difficult to piece than I'd originally intended... I couldn't put the fabric on its side as the print is somewhat directional... So I added some extra strips that I made with leftovers from the front. 

Here is the backing taped to the floor ready for basting.

And the Warm & Natural still folded needing to be cut!

Layered together, but not basted.  I had to head out to supervise at lunch at the school, then went to the bank, post office, Walmart and dollar store for a few errands... including picking up more pins for basting.  I've never basted a quilt this big!

After school the kids played in the playground as it was beautiful outside, then my son had Martial Arts, then dinner, then my daughter had Highland dance. The kids are in bed.

Now to get back to basting it! While catching up on Project Runway!




Head on over to Tea Rose Party for lots of wonderful projects!

2 comments:

Libby said...

Hey Leah! Your day sounds like mine! I dont get many days to just sew! I am at my son's school alot and then there's always the "chores" around the house! I got my backing fabric for my quilt and plan on making my back today!
Have fun! Your quilt looks super cute!

Pink-a-Palooza said...

I just saw your basting post, and was wondering if U have tried spray basting? I use "Sullivans" in the pink can from Hancock fabrics (in town, not the website).
I just tried a fusibloe baste batt from the quilt shop I started working at. It was sooo quick and wonderfully soft.
Take care,
gael