Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friday Night Sew In

Image00002Yesterday I was barely at home... I went to visit my grandmother in the hospital.  Once I got home I had about an hour before needing to pick up the kids... so I did some quilting on the longarm.  I am now working on the Mariner's Compass block on my quilt.  I also got some fabric pressed.
Image00003Image00004



After school my kids had some piping and dancing activities as it is nearly Robbie Burns Day...  First my son played and older daughter danced at a nearby seniors home.  My sons band then had a dinner and silent auction fundraiser, which both girls danced and my son played all after dinner.  It was a late night. 

I had a panel baby quilt, in a basket as part of the silent auction.  It didn't raise as much money as I'd hoped it would.

Once I got the kids home, in bed and kilts hung up, it was 11pm.  That was when I headed downstairs to get some sewing done.


One quick project I had was adding tags to my daughters undershirt and shorts used with her dancing costume.  I did this so they would be sorted correctly in the laundry, and not accidentally put in her dresser.

Just Takes 2
Here are the first 2 blocks.  11 blocks have been released so far...  I really debated completing this sew along, but thought it would be a good skill building quilt.
Just Takes Two #2Just Takes Two #1

Stars on the Mountain
The middle of each mountain.  16/16 completed.
Mountains Part 1



3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the outfits! Good for you to fit in some quilting between all the running around and family commitments.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Looks like you got a lot done after all given that your Friday was so busy! Your kids are so cute in their costumes. Your quilt on the long arm looks like a beauty. I am now a follower. :) Nice to *meet* you Leah!
xo
Kelli

Sand and Sunshine said...

Wow what a great Mariners Compass! I have always loved that block. Did you paper piece yours? Is that the only way? LOL. Your girls look great in their outfits.