Saturday, August 21, 2010

It is taunting me....

Fabric ready to cut out...
Loveliness Dress, Ottobre 2/10 #16
Its sitting on the table, the pattern is traced, altered and laying out ready to be cut. I will now go cut out my dress!

The only question is how to finish the seams. I think that has been what has delayed my cutting so far... I can't use french seams and insert an invisible zipper in the side seam... Guess I could serge them, but for dresses for the girls, I have started doing french seams and a hong kong finish on the centre back seam -- and really enjoying the process...

I've thought about just serging the seams, but would rather have nicely finished seams. So the fabric sits, holding me hostage -- I can't cut it out until I know what size seam allowance to cut...

I'd ask for suggestions... but realized I don't have any fabric to finish the edges to do Hong Kong Finishes. So I will serge! I think I will serge each piece separately and press open! So I will cut 1/2" seam allowances. Dilemma solved.

No comments: