Friday, May 9, 2008

Where did April go?

I haven't totalled up April's sewing stats yet, but numbers aren't high. I don't think I bought much fabric - but I did buy an embroidery machine :) As for sewing, I did complete a dance vest and a few small projects, but between weekends away, an out of town wedding and the dance competition - as well as sick kids I didn't get much done. One kid is still sick, but I did manage to get some sewing done tonight. I needed to prepare, tomorrow I'm showing my mil how to install an invisible zipper. So tonight I finished cutting out a dress for the youngest and completed the back section so its ready for zipper insertion.

I also worked on a pair of long shorts for ds... They were started in February as pants, but seeing as its now MAY I cut a few inches off them so they'll be long shorts. They are nearly finished - hemming and snaps.

And I did some machine embroidery - I bought some lace bookmarks from Embroidery Library and made a few up. They will be part of my mother's day gifts. As for my mom's gift, I had planned on sewing her a handbag, but that will only happen if I do an all night sewing spree on Saturday, which isn't in the plans. I do need to finish a beaded bracelet for my Gram before Sunday.

No comments: