Friday, February 22, 2008

Sewing and Hemming

A kilt has a huge circumference when you need to hem it :) It is now done and ready for dance competition.

And a pair of purple panties to fit under her purple kilt was made from Jalie 2329 (OOP). I love Jalie patterns as they have so many sizes.... I've made the smallest size for my little one and some of the women's ones for me.

Ottobre cross front T
Ottobre 2/07 #20 Cross Front Top - this is the maternity top, but I modified the bottom of the shirt so that it wasn't maternity. It not bad, but could do with a little more ease in the lower part of the shirt probably because I lighter knit with not a lot of stretch.

2 comments:

Keely said...

OOooh. How did you un-maternity-ize it? I've tentatively done it by overlaying the front from #3 to get the width and shaping, and lowering the curve at the underbust seam. I was left with the upper front pieces being about an inch wider than the #3 top but left them to allow for more ease to go over the "girls". I thought I'd ease them in (did you use the elastic in the underbust seam?) to the seam.

Leah said...

I used the bottom from another Ottobre tshirt in that issue. The lower section was slightly narrower than the top - so I stretched the lower sections for about 3" on each side under the bust, didn't stretch near the side seam nor at cf. And no I didn't use elastic.