 |
| Fabric Close Up |
Two years ago I headed to help my dad and family clean out my Grandmother's house as she'd been moved into the care home. While we were there it was my responsibility to clean out the sewing room. Some of the stuff I took for recycling, donated some, kept some for myself, set some aside for my aunt and my step-mom and tragically threw some out (cut out fabirc, anything remotely broken, etc). Then there was a basket of fabric. I think some of it was cut up, possibly with some other fabric (from my memory there was also black or dark purple fabric in the basket) stitched to some of it - the fabric was good quality but very dark looking and neither my step mom or I could figure out the project (that had no instructions with it), nor what to do with the fabric. I wasn't quilting at the time, so I left the fabric behind - we couldn't see the beauty in the fabric...
My dad and step-mom stayed longer than I did... and the fabric followed her home... This year my brother's fiancée and I each got table runners - made with this fabric - enough for two table runners 17-1/2"x57", sashing and stars on the front, backing and binding . And the fabric is no longer dark and dreary... it goes to show how fabric choices really make the tone of the finished quilt. I'm not sure this will stay in my dining room, as my dining room doesn't have any purples in it and the table runner is nearly the length of my table fully extended. I might take it to the island as my long dining room table is over there....
 |  |
| Top | Back |
No comments:
Post a Comment