
Last night I participated in the
Friday Night Sew In hosted
at Handmade by Heidi. But everything was going against me... I did get three dish towels embroidered for part of the teachers gifts for this year. I have one more teacher gift to work on - I found these darling
gingerbread embroideries at
Bunnycup Embroideries- and this years Christmas Concert is called "A Gingerbread Christmas", so I put together a design using 3 of the Bunnycup Embroideries and some text created in Embird and using the multi-position hoop, I'm ready to stitch out a wall hanging for our Music Teacher/Librarian, that all my kids have for music and library. Every year she puts on two shows a Christmas production as well as a spring production, and runs the Choir from October til Christmas -- preparing them for Remembrance Day, Christmas Production as well as Choir performances at the local mall and performing for the
CKNW Orphan's Fund Pledge Drive, and the spring choir puts on a spring play.
And I did complete 4 blocks for Quilt #2, but since these were leftover HSTs from another block, my nine patch ended up with a smaller than 6" block... I think I might add borders to it to make them larger... probably make them a 6" finished block, or possibly mount it on point to get it larger.
Now for my other work, I'd hoped to get to quilting some of the table runners or wall hangings for Christmas, but my serger and sewing machine were working against me. I started with a simple project or so I thought. How difficult are 3 pillow cases... I broke 4 serger needles - don't know what is wrong with my machine... I think I will clean it and hope all works well today. And for the sewing machine, while I was top-stitching snowflakes, the thread nested underneath... it didn't sound quite right, but I didn't stop and got about 12" done before stopping... so I then had to pull out all the top-stitching. One of three pillow cases done...
No comments:
Post a Comment