Saturday, December 18, 2010

Friday Night Sew In Progress



I completed the following blocks for my daughters quilt (Quilt #3).  The first blocks are 3" pinwheels made from the scraps from some HST that were cut off the second blocks.  The second blocks are 8.5" (the original pattern was for 12" blocks, but my quilt needed some smaller blocks too)....   These are part of the Moose Quilts Layer Cake Along.  While making the HST for the flying geese, I cut the fabric 1" too small so ended up with 2" squares instead of 2.5" squares - so had to start over!
dec17-00008

dec17-00006
dec17-00005


And I tried to make a Mariners Compass block for Quilt #2... but its all wonky and I will loose the points of the compass if I try and appliqué it on the quilt block.  I think I will be starting over - with a different technique.  I've never paper pieced or foundation pieced... so I think I need to learn!
dec17-00009



I also did the binding on 3 mug rugs -- they are complete!  YEAH!
dec17-00011



And started quilting my pile of Christmas presents - one fully quilted, another nearly finished.  Still have a few to finish before Christmas and they must be bound too!

dec17-00012


dec17-00010

1 comment:

Marie said...

wow you got a lot done ! the last friday of the month is pj day at my office...i've been collecting wild flannel pants all summer and fall...