Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Paper Piecing


One of the blocks I need to make for my son's quilt is the mariners compass and I've found a number of paper pieced patterns available for it, but I've never done any paper piecing... So today I tried using a "simple" star -  Laced Star Block

I used some Christmas scraps... not too bad, but don't know how I'd do a larger block... as only some of the points turned out nicely...



ETA:
1) I am nearly finished Christmas sewing... Now onto wrapping...

2) I got notice that the Accuquilt I won from Mandy at Simply Solids is being shipped! Hopefully it get here before I head away for New Years...

1 comment:

Micki said...

Love your block! I love paper piecing. If you get Carol Doak's dvd on paper piecing, you will love it. Have fun with the GO...you will love it.
Micki