
Over at
Sweet Stamping Treats, she is running a St Patrick's Day Challenge. I wasn't into scrapbooking right now... but did think it would work great on my St Patrick's Day quilt. I have digitized the file, and here is my test out on a tea towel.
REVIEW of my embroidery design... I really like it, but the black outline didn't work out too well. I forgot to change stitch to a triple stitch or go over it more than once. For some reason the tension was off slightly and some of the bobbin thread is showing in the black outlining. I will fix those stitches before I stitch out the piece for a quilt... And I have a new tea towel for tomorrow!
The Quilt:
 |
| Fabric pile this morning! |
This the fabric for the quilt. I picked up the St Patrick's Day fabric last week while we were away and bought the matching yellow, light green and darker green. The white and black fabrics are from my stash, and the green at the top is for the backing. It doesn't match perfectly, but will be good for the backing. I have completed the 4 Irish Chain blocks in the two tone green and white, and added the black sashing. I'm nearly ready to cut out the 4 leaf clovers for the blocks... I will use my Accuquilt Go Heart cutter and some Steam-a-Seam, then appliqué them to the white blocks. The centre block will then have the above embroidery on.
 |
| Progress on my St Patrick's Day Quilt... |
Lily's Quilt Sew Along Fabric
I'm thinking this needs a cream or beige for the background instead of the light blue....
4 comments:
WOW!! Leah its so awesome!! I love that you created this cute towel with my image, thank you so much for joining the challenge!! Have a SWEET day!!
Okay, love the idea of the Irish Chain for the quilt! Awesome! This is going to be great!
i found your blog from Lily's QAL flickr group. i think you are so talented and inspiring! i like the fabric you chose for the QAL! I am toying with the idea of this fabric... http://www.etsy.com/listing/59317696/fat-quarter-set-8-pieces-2-yards-total
but will probably pull from my stash instead. what do you think?
Hi Leah, you were the only one that participated in my St Patricks Day Challenge. SO, you are the winner!! So email me your address at sweetstampingtreats ymail com
Post a Comment