Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break Sewing

My daughter is going to a friends birthday on Saturday, and I asked her what she wanted me to make, and she said a bag... then she proceded to ask if she could make it, so she has been sewing!  I am so proud of her as she worked very independently.  I still helped her cut out and pin layers together, but she did ALL the sewing and ALL the pressing... 


All done - looking a little tired!Happily showing it off!And showing off the inside!

Now all it needs is a "Made by" tag before it can go as a gift on the weekend. I don't normally label the gifts with "Made by" tags, but since its from her, I think it needs one. We'd watched this tutorial for the strap with a zipper...

Fabrics Used:  The outer, strap and pocket are all quilting cottons I had in my stash (some quite small scraps).  It is interfaced with corduroy and the lining is polar fleece.  Why?  Because we are at our summer place, and I only have a small stash here, the corduroy and fleece were used to give the bag some structure!  It worked great!

Changing from a "bag" to "backpack"Showing the zipper strap detail


Her teddy's dress she made last week




Fresh Sewing Day @ Lily's Quilts

2 comments:

Manda said...

Talented little lady! :)

Debbie said...

Well done!!!!