Tonight I made some hats... I am attending the local Sewing and Craft show tomorrow and for a number of years they have been collecting caps for cancer. For many years, I have been meaning to do something about it, to sew, to crochet, but each year something has gotten in the way... I've never had a great reason why I haven't done it, but this year I have a great reason to sew them. I currently have 3 strong and vibrant women I know undergoing Chemo treatments. So today I made up 6 hats for the hat drive. I used some leftover knit fabric from an outfit for my youngest daughter. I hope this year to make some more so I'm not sewing them up the night before next year! It was a great method to use up some knit fabric (and fast too!)
![]() | ![]() | ![]() | ![]() |
I made three using a free Snood Pattern, I also made the Beret Pattern, but made the circles a little smaller, and I still thought the hat was big! And then I made two beanie style caps (one used the inner circle from the beret), a circle with a wide band sewn to them.




No comments:
Post a Comment