Project 1: St. Patrick's Day Quilt
- Fabric is purchased, some from stash. 9
10" blocks, sashing, binding... pretty sure I have something for the backing in my stash.... - 4 blocks Double Irish Chain
- 4 blocks with Shamrocks Appliqued from Hearts (cut on my Go!)
- 1 Block with a Leprechon in it! I think I'll use this cute guy and machine embroider the centre block.
Project 2: Valentines Quilt
- I have some brown and pink heart fabrics, as well as some left over pink fabric from my UFO I finished last month. I may need to buy some solid or dark tone-on-tone brown fabric, once I get started.
- Thought maybe of doing the heart Quilt from Accuquilt
- I think I will use this idea but make it a 2x2 Quilt
Project 3: A Christmas Quilt


- I have a charm pack of Christmas fabric from Connecting Threads that I was thinking of following Melissa's instructions from Happy Quilting Quilt Along
- Of course, I'm weeks behind... haven't started yet, and she's already posted finishing instructions!
- Happy Quilting Quilt Along pictures at flickr
- I thought this would be great with my fabrics... I'm thinking I'll make one for the back of the couch...
Project 4: A Quilt for the Living Room
- I picked up a selection of fabrics from Connecting Threads that are browns, and blue/greens... I was thinking I might try the Lily's Quilts quilt along with these fabrics...
- I've never done Dresdens, but would like to work with circles... Learn more about piecing them, etc...
- Originally I thought I'd only do 1 block mini-quilt, but if I do the 6 block quilt, then I'd have a great quilt for my living room.... Or even a 4 block quilt will still be 60"x60". I love the idea of quilt as you go... haven't done that before (OK I did some serger log cabin quilt as you go quilts about 10 years ago....)
So where do I go from here? As usual I have more projects than time! I think my order will be to work on the St Patrick's Day Quilt this week and get started on project 4, a quilt for the living room. Hey, its really a quilt for me. It uses a few new techniques I've never done - Dresdens, Quilt as you go, and hopefully I can keep up.
On other quilt along news, I'm not doing any more of the blocks for the Layer Cake Quilt Along as I've already used my blocks in quilts... And if I were to make the sampler, I'd have to start from scratch... and I'm not interested in that at the moment....


No comments:
Post a Comment