Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sewing Together

This morning my 9yo and I were sewing... She was working on a quilt for her teacher.  She is using the fabric she got from her brother for her birthday, and a couple of prints I picked up for her last week.  She is making a disappearing 9 patch quilt with 9 square in it, each strip started as 6 inches.  She has 4 blocks completed, and another 4 9-patches  ready to cut for the disappearing 9-patches.

I worked on the baby quilt (UFO #5).  I decided just to use 2 of the blocks and add another small block made from scraps... and I used the yellow, and a strip of the green polka dots.  The finished top is 37x44".  Now to make the backing...


Oh and I think its time for a new iron :( Mine seems to have developed a leak... ok its more than a leak, it might be a whole, the water comes out quite quickly. So in the past year, I have had a can opener, 2 kettles and now an iron die :(


3 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

What a pretty baby quilt, Leah - and tell your daughter she's doing an awesome job! Whoop whoop!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful baby quilt and how fun to have your daughter quilt with you! She is doing wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Vicki {Quilting Lodge} said...

It's so great that daughter likes to sew. My teenager knows how to sew and quilt but her social life is getting in the way right now. :O)

Love the baby quilt too! You did a great job.

Vicki @ Quilting Lodge