Monday, March 19, 2012

A New Quilt Started




Marcia's crafty sewing & quilting The girls and I started on our Bingo cards... My 9yo did most of the work on hers and her sisters... My youngest was only interested in choosing fabrics, handsewing and fabric paints!  Theirs is nearly done, mine requires more work!

We used interfacing, I drew a 2.5inch grid on and fused the sqaures to the interfacing.  After fusing we stitched the 1/4 inch seams.  Much faster and easier than stitching all those squares together.  I think my 9yo wants to make a bingo card for my mom!   That will be a project later in the week, after she finishes her 9th Disappearing Nine Patch block.  



My Girls Bingo Cards
One on the left is finished...
one on the right needs Bingo Added
My Bingo Card - Not finished
needs batting/backing





Sew Sweetness



I started these blocks... only problem, they aren`t both the same size... I will either need to trim the larger one down, or some other setting... I think I`ll make all the blocks before trimming.

I will be making one of each block and then set them into a quilt...




3 comments:

Dale Anne Potter said...

GREAT job on the NY beauty blocks!

Sheila said...

What fun to have your children also making cards , I am sure they are enjoying the process .Great beauty blocks!

Regina said...

Your New York Beauties rare breathtaking, I just love your fabrics!