Friday, March 2, 2012

Completed Baby Quilt

My sons teacher goes on maternity leave next week before spring break. And I`m done the quilt for her! I`d been hoping for sunny weather to photograph the quilt in, but it just wasn`t going to happen...






I had a couple blocks featured over at Quilt Addicts Anonymous

At Quilting Gallery, Pat Sloan is finishing up a series on organization.  Well I do need some help there... first though with the rest of the house, so I can clean up the new area for my longarm machine.  When I purchased the longarm it got moved into the family room as it was the cleanest location with the right space for it.  We have a bedroom storage  junk room that will eventually be my studio space.  I will most likely be keeping my sewing room that I currently have too, I`m not sure the new room would house both, due to the size of the longarm and shape of the room...  I just purchased a stack of Small Sterilite Containers.

This weeks article focused on thread organization... now some of mine is organized, and others is just dumped in a box.  Once I have my new studio space, that must change!

15 comments:

M-R Charbonneau said...

Wow, you bought a long arm? Very cool! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it, Leah. Your son's teacher will love this quilt -- you did a wonderful job!

Laura said...

Looks great! Love that planet fabric!

Lesley said...

The teacher quilt is amazing. She's such a lucky lady to be the recipient. Well done and so very generous of you. Quilters have huge hearts!

Sue Daurio said...

Great quilt for the teacher, very sweet of you! And I have one room for the long arm arm and another for piecing. I just can't imagine the space required to house both :)

Bumblebee and Sophie said...

Great quilt, good luck with your room re-do!! I am sure the quilt will be a big hit!!
Cindy

Deborah said...

What a lovely gift for your son's teacher! Lovely work!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful quilt, love the center block! A long arm....how fun!
Quilting by the River - Linky Tuesday

Mary Ann Tate said...

Lovely quilt:) Your son's teacher is a very lucky lady.

Dolores said...

What a nice gift for your son's teacher.

Susan J Barker said...

A wonderful quilt for a teacher! I always thought an apple was extravagant! How cheap am I? I took over a son's bedroom when he moved out years ago and am so glad he grew up and moved away! What would I do without a sewing room. Now if number 2 son would leave...

Teresa F. said...

Great quilt. Love the backing fabric.

elle said...

Lucky teacher, lucky baby. Keep us posted on your sewing roomS. :)

Gina Loomis said...

The quilt is beautiful! I really like that planet fabric! And the quilting looks awesome! Congrats on having a long arm!

Sheila said...

Lovely quilt ,I am sure it will be loved!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

adorable quilt