 |
| Skort - Navy Rib Knit with lettuce hem |
Show and Tell

Here is my show-and-tell for the week... not very pretty, but it was what was needed.... I finished a quick skort for my daughters. She has moved up to Brownies (Girl Guides) and needed a dark coloured skirt, as pink no longer matches her uniform top. So I had some rib knit that someone gave me in navy blue... An ottobre leggings pattern, a circle skirt and a waistband. Quickly hemmed using the rolled hem on my serger...
 |
| My new Mildred Wrap |
Quilt Update

Tonight I attended the local guild meeting. I don't think I'm going to join as I'm unsure of what I'd get out of it... I was probably the youngest there by a good 10 years and probably a good 30 years younger than the average age. They did have a good speaker tonight about making things from recycled fabrics, but I'm not sure the guild is for me... The Show and Tell was wonderful at the guild, but not worth the membership fee, if that was all I was getting out of it. I can find inspiration online.
I've given up on free motion quilting...
 |  |  |
| Back of Test | lines | squiggles |
so I'm a free motion drop out! But I am still quilting my quilt. I have two of the sections filled (one with stars, the other with rainbows) and have started the section with clouds. Then I need to figure out that to quilt in the blue floral sections.
 |  |  |
| Top Side - Rainbows | Back Side- Rainbows | Star and Cloud Quilting |
2 comments:
Love that skirt! I completely understand about joining the guild. There have been a couple I've passed up for the same reasons. Visiting from Sew&Tell. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o) Larri at Seams Inspired
I need to learn how to do a rolled hem. looks great!
Post a Comment