![]() |
| My Grandmother's Memory Quilt |
My Quilting!
First I will start this blog saying that I have mainly sewn clothing... I have made a few quilts over the past 10 years, mainly for friends as they had babies. My two favourite quilts are one I did for my Gramma for her 90th birthday and one for a friend who adopted a 6yo a few years ago.
First Quilt of 2010: Carebears
Done, waiting baby, so it can be labelled!
This quilt top was made by my 7yo daughter! I did the quilting and binding. I was going to try my hand at free motion quilting, but chickened out and ended up using my walking foot.
Second Quilt: Airplanes & Teddies
Quilt top finished and pressed! Its 73" by 97"!
![]() |
| Assembled Quilt Top |
This quilt was started years ago (before my son was born, he's turning 10 in January), but I'm making it for my nearly 5yo. I got the "rows" done last summer (the last status update), but got side tracked by making a kilt last fall. Today I finished the quilt top...
![]() |
| Fabric for backing |
Tonight I hope to iron the quilt backing, and start prepping it for basting.
Third Quilt: A Nautical Quilt
This is still in the box, but I plan to do some block assembly tomorrow.
Next step, measure and assemble backing... Hopefully tonight.
ETA: And I added photos!



4 comments:
Hi Leah,
So happy you're joining Susan's Quilt Retreat!
Welcome to the Yellow House Virtual Quilting Retreat, Leah. So glad you decided to join us.
Popped over from the retreat to say "Hi!" Have fun sewing today! I won't be "retreating" today but I will be back thursday! I got alot done on the first day!! So much Fun!
Hi Leah!
I popped over from Susan's retreat and have to say I love your Grandnother's quilt! Well done!
Susan has kindly posted pictures for me since I have no blog.
I'm glad you're playing, too!
Cheers!
Post a Comment