My goal for last week was to finish the quilt. I quickly got the binding attached, but didn't quite get all the hand sewing done on the binding until Thanksgiving Monday. The quilt is now finished - just waiting a label. I will make the label once the baby is born...
Because of Thanksgiving, I missed the linkup here... That's OK! I hope to have something complete for next weeks Show-n-Tell... See below for this week's goal!
![]() | ![]() |
| Quilt Back | Quilt Top |
![]() | ![]() |
| Near the edges, I used flowers | Flower Sections - For the middle, I used parallel lines on an angle |
Free Motion Quilting Practice
Last week I picked up a second bobbin case so I could change the bobbin tension on my sewing machine. The great thing about it is I have two sewing machines to use: my Janome 4800 and the kids Janome 4130QDC - and they both use the same bobbin case. My mom's Janome 6500 needs a different bobbin case as it has built in scissors -- but all the feet are interchangeable on all 3 machines!!!
I do like the quilting a bit better now... the tension is better, I hope that with practice I can get my stitch lengths better... I might do some Free Motion on my next project... but maybe not as I'm not 100% comfortable with it...
![]() | ![]() |
| Free Motion Practice | Free Motion Practice Back? |
My Next Quilt Project
This is an OLD UFO/Wip! I started this for my son who is turning 10 in January... its now for his almost 5yo sister. I'm hoping to have it done for her birthday in November... I have 8 strips, and have started sewing the strips together. The goal this week is to sew all strips together and get the backing ready. Hopefully I'll also get it basted together...
![]() |
| My Next Project.... |
For this week - Oct 11 until 17
- Finish hand stitching the quilt -- DONE!
- Finish my daughter's Quilt Top
- Make the backing for the above Quilt
- Hopefully Baste the layers together
- Make a Birthday Present - Swim Bag, for a friend's daughter
- Run my first Half Marathon --- OK this is totally NOT sewing related! Check here for an update on my run
And upcoming at the end of the month is...







No comments:
Post a Comment