| Quilt with Binding Strips Cut Out |
The quilting is done on my quilt. I didn't do any free motion on it, although that was the original plan... BUT I am happy with it. The quilt has been quilted, squared and binding cut out. Next job is sewing on the binding.
Skirts
A couple of weeks ago I completed a skirt, reviewing a pattern from Squiggly Twigs Designs. I was sent the Casey Pattern to review... It took me a bit to think of what fabrics to use, but I decided on some Christmas print fabrics that I had in the stash. I luckily had some coordinating pink and green broadcloth in the stash too... and along with some bright coloured thread, some light blue eyelet trim and a piece of elastic for the waist - I had a skirt. The pattern was easy to sew together and other than the length of trim I had to roll hem (fast for its length on the serger) and it went together really well. I did change the width of some of my fabrics, as I ran out of solid pink and didn't have enough of the prints to do more sections of them...
| Squiggly Twigs - Casey Pattern | ||
|---|---|---|
![]() | ![]() | ![]() |
| hem detail |
I also completed a quick skort that I posted in Friday's Show-and-Tell
Sew For Me
I did make myself a quick wrap as shown in Friday's Show-and-Tell
Goals: Oct 4-10
Because it is Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, I am only going to have one goal... and that is to attach the binding on the quilt and stitch it down.



2 comments:
Thanks Leah. I'll link your skirt post on Thursday.
Oh..you quilt is just lovely...that skirt looks kinda difficult???
Post a Comment