I haven't done much sewing all week, but I did attend a class at a local sewing store. They offer a sewing club each month, with a small charge for supplies, etc. This months project was a small pumpkin bag. It was cute, fairly simple and fun to sew with some other ladies. BUT I'm still trying to decide if I really got my money out of the time I spent there. First there is the time issue -- I had to pack everything up, and get down to the shop, and then unpack everything after returning home. The supplies for the project certainly were less than the cost of the day... and once again I was much younger than the rest of the attendees - I wonder what the age of the evening class would be?
![]() |
| Pumpkin Bag |
The project was cute, the techniques weren't too difficult, but I did use a foot I'd never used before... Mainly because I've never thought to change to that foot while using an overlock stitch! Their was also a number of problems with the project as items weren't cut out correctly and needed to be re-cut. Maybe I'll try again and see if the next one is worthwhile...
![]() |
| Embroidery UFO |
Today I finished up an UFO! It was a Halloween stitch out on a knit fabric -- sorry I did this 2 years ago and don't remember my sources for the embroidery. I had been test stitching for a tshirt, but decided that it took too long to try another one, and that it was really too big for my tshirt... so turned it into a wall hanging. The backing and binding are cheap broadcloth from my stash (actually part of my sons Cub Scout costume at his last camp) - but the colour was correct and it didn't require another trip to the store!
![]() |
| First Pentagon |



4 comments:
Great stitchery!
Cute pumpkin bag!
Sometimes the best things you get out of a class are the smallest (like changing feet) that stick with you far longer than any specific project.
Great halloween stitchery and pumpkin bag.
I love your stitchery and bag...I also do scrapbooking, but not digitally. I also use a lot of Tim Holtz products to make journals.
Micki
Post a Comment