Today was our BIG competition! Over 200 dancers.... A Championship, Pre-championship, National Premier Competition and Pre-Premier Competition with dancers aged 4 and UP.... We had a great group of dancers at ALL ages!
Some of the items are straight forward - medals, and trophies.... Although there was a slight snag with one of our Medal orders (some miscommunication between the shop and
factory), so our medals had to be rushed and were antique finished, not bright and without colour.... BUT I had enough for today.
The fun items to choose were the Championship Prizes and the National Aggregate Prizes. For the Championship the top 6 dancers overall (4 dances) get a Plaque to keep for the year, and a prize to keep. The Aggregate Prize was for the top dancer of each age category....
These beautiful sheep were designed by Heather Goldminc Clayworks on Vancouver Island, BC.
Here are the vases I designed for the National Competition.
Today we also had a Special Memorial Dance off for a long time supporter in our Dance Community! This a picture of the whole group! Sorry for the bad angle -- I was on stage!
On a sewing note, I did get the hem of the kilt finished, and buckles moved. It looked much better! And I got the sleeves hemmed. And sewed a buckle on for a friend's son.






No comments:
Post a Comment