Monday, March 10, 2014

March's first goal met

Thursday I started quilting this quilt.  Loading it on the longarm took a little longer as it had been partially quilted and was spray basted and pinned.  The weight of all the layers is what slowed down loading.   Otherwise it went on easily.  I didn't have a light blue that I liked, so I used Connecting Threads cotton Essential thread in Silver for the sky.   I used the green thread given to me with the quilt for the ground, and the borders and bobbin thread were one of the Connecting Threads cotton Essential threads in Brown.

This was a great fun project to do.   All free motion, with a little ruler work around the borders (just edge-stitching.... rest was free motion)








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet and adorable!
Lovely FMQ!!!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Beautifully done! Your quilting is awesome! :)

Sue Daurio said...

love the FMQ, I see why it took a while, there's quite a bit of stitching on this one.