Monday, February 6, 2012

What's on the machine?

What is on the longarm?

My St. Patrick's Day Quilt that I started last year.  I started it the week of St Patrick's Day... I got the top done quickly and the quilting started, but not sure what got me derailed... well it's nearly done now... Just what to do in those Irish Chain areas....





Quilt Shops....  My favourite repair guy had a wonderful shop in Surrey, BC... It was a decent drive (and I drove past a number of other shops) but he provided great service and repairs machines WONDERFULLY...  But last week the rest of the building was burnt down!  His shop was spared, but its still unknown as to whether or not all his stock will be a write off (due to smoke damage).  He keeps updating us through email and hopefully he'll know more this week, so he can develop a new plan.  BUT I'm glad my machine isn't sitting in the shop last week, as I don't know what will happen to those machines.

8 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful quilt, how about doing the little squiggle/flower on the blocks? Sorry to hear about that shop and thank goodness your machine wasn't there! Thanks for taking part in my linky party!
Quilting by the River

Susan J Barker said...

I KNOW... How are we going to live without Tom's Sewing! Sure do hope he is up and running again soon! Love your St Pat's quilt! I am partial to greens, but have never done a quilt with a 'special' day theme, other than Christmas. Maybe it is time to think along those lines -- I wonder if Halloween is far enough away to plan for?

Riel Nason said...

I surfed in from The Needle and Thread Network. I love seasonal quilts and a St. Patrick's Day one is so cool. It looks great.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Love your quilt...Irish Chain is one of my favorite to make...love it

Regina said...

I think that is the first St.Patrick's quilt I've ever seen - it is stunning.
My default option for quilting little squares is continuous curve quilting.....

elle said...

I do believe Irish Chains should be green! nice job

Peggy said...

What a gorgeous quilt! Makes me want to do one!

Kathy said...

Really fun quilt... looks great in green with the shamrocks!