Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Could it be too scrappy?


Linking up to Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations
with a project from Sew Mama Sew. I made this LOVE mugrug. I printed the pattern 6-up on my printer to make it smaller... Not sure exactly what size that shrunk it down by, but the finished LOVE block is approximately 6x8...

I also used a bunch of scraps... so this is made from 19 different scraps... the back was premade leftover from my daughters Hearts & Stars quilt.

This is a gift for my Gram who has been in the hospital for over 3 months.




My Love Rug Mug was new to me... using that many scraps is scary to me! But I do like it...
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Projects Completed

  • Love Mug Rug
  • Small Basket
  • Two Blocks for Hugs Quilts

Projects That I've made progress on...

  • Sew Happy Quilt QAL at Sew Happy Geek Block 9 Complete
  • Solstice Star QAL at Fresh Lemon Quilts 5 Blocks, plus 3 extras completed, top completed, backing & binding ready
  • Hello Sun BOM by April Mae Designs 2 Blocks Completed
  • Quilt for my husband Design finished, need to calculate yardage


Projects Waiting

  • So Scrappy Colour Challenge at Super Scrappy
  • Just Takes 2 QAL at Just Takes 2
  • Craftsy's BOM at Craftsy.com
  • Baby Quilt (UFO #5)
  • Stars on the Mountain Quilt
  • Quilt for my step-father

17 comments:

Molly said...

Love your mug rug- so cool!

Eileen said...

Definitely not too scrappy! Love those colors. I'm sure your grandma will love it!

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Oh she's totally going to love getting something handmade from someone she loves. AWE! ;)
Thanks for linking!
Monika

Riel Nason said...

I don't think anything can be "too scrappy" ... just makes it more unique. Great job.

elle said...

With scraps more is definitely better.

rtquilter said...

I HOPE it can never be too scrappy as I am about to launch into a minor stash busting scrappy 'something' myself. Nice work!

The Thompsons said...

Your mug rug looks great!

Susan J Barker said...

It took my eyes a few moments to see the LOVE in the mug rug! Amazed at how scrappy bits can become anything you want them to be!

What Comes Next? said...

A great mug rug - sure to bring some joy to your grandma

Michelle in Saskatoon said...

Never too many scraps-- it looks great.

Rebecca said...

What a fun little gift!

Mary Ann Tate said...

It's very lovely...your grandmother will love it:)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

How neat! Great colors!

Regina said...

What is this you are talking about: too scrappy? I sure hope that possibility doesn't exist.
Your mug rug is very nice!

Melissa Corry said...

Love the mug rug. So cute!!! Thanks for linking up :)

GardenOfDaisies said...

Love that! And she will too!!

Sheila said...

Sweet mug rug , it will surely be loved !