Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A little off square - sewing with plaids


Sometimes a good deal becomes a frustration... This cute teal, grey and black knit is one of those... I picked it up from the clearance section and it looked great on the bolt.  I didn't figure out that the plaid wasn't square - those "squares" are diamonds!  So if you look closely at the outfit, the plaids run downhill...  I lined the centre front of the tunic, and the grain line on the leggings with one of the vertical stripes so the horizontal stripes run off grain...

Patterns Used:

Tshirt: Ottobre 1/12 #24
Tunic: Ottobre 1/12 #34
Leggings: Ottobre 4/09 #23
Skirt:  Self-drafted

This is the first time I've done a button placket on knits... it went together easily despite Ottobre's lack of pictures!





7 comments:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is such a sweet outfit:)

Mary Ann Tate said...

Very cute outfit:)

Melissa Corry said...

So adorable!! Thanks for linking up :)

Regina said...

Lovely outfit, aren't plaids fun to line up (not!).

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

It looks adorable on her! Great job!

Rachel said...

Look so cute! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
Rachel
adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

Kelley said...

Good job on the tricky knit! Poor quality plaid can be such a pain, especially when you're used to dealing with the good stuff with your highland dancing costumes.