Because... I really wanted to work on something simple tonight... and so I did some piecing of a Christmas Quilt... I've wanted to make the Whirlygiggle Quilt... and I have a Christmas Charm Pack waiting to be used....So after looking at the tutorials at Crazy Mom Quilts and Michelle Sews, I made a template and cut out my white background. My coloured squares are from a pair of Charm packs I ordered after Christmas last year from Connecting Threads Winter Fun Collection.
Tonight I got 10 blocks done. There are 22 fabrics in the Charm pack, but I'm not sure I want to use one as it is snowflakes on a white background. I don't think it will work... So I'm not sure how I will turn my 21 completed blocks into a quilt... Probably 4 x 5, with one block on the back... I have some of the fabric in yardage to use either as backing, borders, or binding.
I used the tip/measurements from Michelle Sews blog so I would have less squaring up to do... But my blocks will need a little squaring up, but not much...
Tomorrow I will cut out more white... as I didn't count when I cut it out! So I only have enough for 2 or 3 more blocks, and I have 11 blocks left to complete.
And I also must do something with the early plums (that are about 2-3 weeks later than usual due to our cooler summer). My kids picked these ones so they are still a little "green", so they will ripen on the counter....

4 comments:
I have a whirligig quilt on my wish list - it is next on my list of allowed new projects (have to finish 5 more UFOs to earn that fun).
The Christmas charms look great in it!
oh that whirligig is nice! I'd like to make one of those some day!
Great lookig Whirligig blocks! Those plums look good too!
Whirligig quilt is so cute and fun! You did such a nice job!
Post a Comment