Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Is it Wednesday already?

Getting sewing time is difficult... But I am working with my kids on sewing.  My son has become quite proficient, now that he has a few ideas...  And soon, maybe, he'll be working on his own.


My daughter has continued to sew mice this week and now has a family of 10! Some of them have clothes. Her stitches are visible, and she's not changing thread colours... but I'm not arguing as she's working independently and helping her 5yo sister!


The kids start school in two weeks... So I have lots of sewing to complete by then... as they each want back to school clothing.....



Quilting Projects
Completed
  • Mug Rug for my Step-father
    My son did this project pretty much on his own. I provided instructions on technique and helped with the binding, but he did all the sewing. The label is on, but I don't have a pen to write on it...
Progress
  • Dresden Quilt
    All circles have been set and borders added.  I'm hoping I have enough batting to get them basted, but won't be quilting them until after school starts as my thread is at home.
  • Christmas/Winter Quilt
    Quilt top is assembled, but need some unwashed white fabric for borders!  Need to go to the store...
  • Grace's Quilt
    The kid's quilted it. I have squared it up and it is ready for binding!
No Progress
  • Mariner's Quilt
  • St Patrick's Day Quilt

Garment Sewing

Started items
  • Tank top for me (Braided Neck Tank at BurdaStyle)
  • Tunic for each girl (Ottobre 4/11 #28, Ottobre 3/2008 #12)
  • Leggings for each girl (Ottobre 4/11 #32, Ottobre 1/10 #18)
  • Pants for my son (Ottobre 1/11 #39)

Cut Out 
  • Blouse for my youngest (Ottobre 1/20 #11)
  • Pinafore for my youngest (Ottobre 4/11 #14)
Planned items
  • Tshirt for my son (Ottobre 1/10 #24B)
  • Second pair of pants for my son (Ottobre 1/11 #39)
  • Skirt for my older daughter (Ottobre 1/11 #31)
And there are more items that they'd love to have, but this is what I'm committing to for the next two weeks... I really should also add two white blouses - one for each girl.  They'll probably be simple white peasant blouses.

I'm also debating whether to make myself a skirt, or a second top...

    2 comments:

    Leanne said...

    Good luck with sewing for school, it is great that your kids get handmade one of a kind stuff to wear!

    monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

    Hi! if you would ever like to link up at http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com on a wednesday, please do so! It's a link party for Canucks. : )
    ~Monika
    in Saskatoon