Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday's Progress -- and another new quilt!

My daughter wanted to sew a quilt for her new baby cousin (my cousin's daughter).  She was born on Friday, although was 7 weeks early, and is doing quite well.  I created a scrapbook page of the photos I have been emailed here.

We started with a Charm Pack that had 24 fabrics, and chose one additional fabric from the stash.  My daughter wants to set these on angles (wonky) with white sashing...  
The Charm Pack
all in order

All pinned and ready for my daughter to sew.  2"x5" white squares onto the 5" Charms....


Day 1: 2 sets are done...(she completed
a third set before bed!)


Christmas Quilt Progress
Oops... no photo of these... my daughter bumped me from the machine today!  Hope to sew the rest up tonight and will post all the blocks tomorrow....

1" wide by approximately 550" long
Hope I have enough
Dresden Quilt Progress

Not much progress on the quilt, but I did press the outer circles, and cut and sew the 1" borders...  









My Helpers....


Alexandra sewing
Roger Tracing... and the cat came to help




My Daughter's Sewing 

Two new pairs of pants for her build-a-bear....

She did most of the work, except I added the tail-hole and elastic...



Fruit Trees!  Baking.... Canning....
Blackberries and Transparent Apples
Spiked Peach Plums
Climbing the tree...

A wonderful Library
Prizes
Ever since my son started reading, the kids have participated in the Summer Reading Club at our local library. Each year out library has a series of prizes for the kids who participate. We have fared quite well every year... this year my youngest won a packages of books... We have an amazing set of librarians, a small library and some great finds. BUT please remind me to return the DVDs, as they are now only a 7 day loan! (Until this year they were a 3 week loan)




No comments: