So I haven't been sewing much in the past few months... but got back on track this week.UFO Update: I finished 5 boxes for teachers gifts and mostly completing the June UFO challenge! I had enough squares to make 6 boxes, but only needed 5 this year. So I have one partially completed... so have a new UFO, but it is much closer to being finished.... and all my teacher fabric blocks are sewn up!
I also made two mug rugs for 2 of the teachers who are retiring...
Highland Dance Costumes: And I started on my daughters Jig costume for Highland Dance. I finished the apron for her costume. I went to start the skirt and realized making a circle skirt out of 44" wide fabric wasn't going to be as easy as I'd hoped... I'll need to cut both a front & back, in both the outer and inner fabrics... Waistband is done for the skirt, just need to cut out and sew the rest! And I think I'll make her a red velvet cumberbund.




4 comments:
What neat gifts! I bet the teachers love you! Congrats on your many finishes!
I love your baskets and mug rugs - what great gifts and wonderful finishes. Judy C in NC
Pretty and useful gifts! Very sweet little apron, too:)
cool projects. I love your list for completing projects! Great idea. I am a new follower. I learned of your blog from Amylouwho! Congratulations on your first marathon! Not to mention, Disney at that! I am a huge Disney fan plus crafts crafts and more crafts! Id love for you to visit and follow back at mommiesandbeyond dot com
Post a Comment