Monday, July 4, 2011

Sewing at piping camp (day 2)

Sewing... I finished two irish jig skirts today.  One with is for my older daughters costume.  It is a reversible circle skirt, with a Aplix skirt closure.  The only problem with reverisble skirts is they don't last long in the length as they can't be lengthened.  BUT this skirt is made from poly-cotton broadcloth that I picked up on sale... so I'm guessing the whole skirt cost only $4 as I got the fabric on clearence (after Christmas!).
 



The second skirt was made because one of the first panels I cut out had a flaw in it... about 3" up from the hem.  So I cut the waistband a little lower, and the hem up 3" and cut out a matching panel in green, and the green waistband.  This is a half circle reversible skirt with snaps as a closure (only had wide Aplix with me).












Next two proejcts - back to quilting my sons quilt (haven't touched it since February) and altering a Hornpipe costume.


No comments: