Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sewing at piping camp (day 1)

I'm making progress.  Yesterday e squished everything in the van and relocated to an interior ski hill for a week of piping and dancing.  It is a busy schedule for the kids, but so far (day 1) all is going well.  I had some free time this afternoon so I started on my daughters dance skirt.  Two circles cut and sewn together... and now need pressing, then the waistband added.



Issues: 
  • would have been much easier if the fabric were 50+" wide then I could have done only one circle, instead of 2 half circles.
  • there was a flaw in the red fabric, but luckily I have enough to cut out a thrid piece.  
  • the flawed piece was able to be cut down to make a skirt for my youngest.
  • but I have no clue how I'm going to sew after the kids go to bed due to the arrangement of the suite.
  • And there is NO internet in my room... very frustrating having to go to a hot point to get my email and post!

No comments: