Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sharing the Quilt

And out of the bag it comes

This is interesting....

Wow!

I started the 2nd border... but its not finished... and have 2 more borders to go!
The unfinished quilt was a hit!  He loved it and everyone appreciated the work that has already gone into it.  And is anxiously awaiting its completion...


ETA: This quilt is currently approximately 80 x 95" and I'm adding another 6-8" of borders... I can't remember the width of the red border at the bottom, and then a .75" light blue border, then a large dark blue border, need to figure out how much fabric I have before I know how wide it'll be....

9 comments:

Cindy Jo said...

Love this! What is the size of it? All I could tell is large. :)

Token Asian Friend said...

At first I thought that those had to be prints, but on closer inspection, it looks like you pieced all of those! Amazing! Absolutely amazing!

Marci Girl said...

It looks great! It also looks like a lot of hard work and love went into this quilt! Congrats on meeting your goal.

Tamera said...

Isn't it great to show the new owner his quilt? So fun!

sukie said...

The quilt looks awesome!

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness! What a ton of work you have in it. Who would not love it?

Julie Fukuda said...

I can't imagine you can add more to what is already done! I enjoyed going back and looking over the process. Great quilt!

Suzanne said...

That quilt is so elaborate. I cannot begin to estimate the number of hours you invested. Wow!

Robin said...

Gorgeous!!! That is one lucky fellow. :)