January's UFO Progress
Quilt top DONE!
Backing Cut Out
Binding Made
Quilt 2 with Borders
Originally uploaded by l3designs.sewing
This is the quilt I'm finishing as my sons 10th birthday present. When I gave it to him, only one of the borders had been completed. Today I added the rest of the red border, then the light border and the dark border. I am quickly running out of fabric! The dark blue fabric only has a few strips left of it... some stretches of 2" and 2.5" strips that I will use on the backing... The biggest difficulty was taking a picture as this quilt is 79"x106"...
Now to piece the backing and make the label... then to baste... and it will be quilted next weekend when I head to the craft day at our school.
The main fabric for the backing is another dark blue fabric I bought specifically for the backing, but I am about 0.4m short to just piece the two together, so the backing has now been cut into 4 sections. I need to make a strip of 4"x110" and two strips of 11"x 42" to piece together the backing... I know I have some of the light blue sky, the light blue used for the border, some grey, some yellow, and a few small pieces of the reds, and nautical prints...
1 comment:
I am sure that he will love it...I always loved nautical themes.
Micki
Post a Comment