Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year`s UFO Busting (Quilt #2)

q2Anchors
These anchors were started over a year and a half ago and were the first blocks I started for this quilt. These were fiddly to do, but I do like the way they`ve turned out...


Here is my stack strips cut into squares ready to assemble this block.  This is for a different quilt than the other blocks I`ve done for the Moose on the Porch Quilts Layer Cake Along.  But thought this might work quite well for my sons Quilt (Quilt #2)....

I might also do a set of 4 of these up for my daughters quilt too (Quilt #3)

q2-borders

One set of these borders is trying for a waves effect. I think it will look great once on the quilt, but I`m not sure where on the quilt they should go... I think I have enough for two horizontal stripes of these... the plain blue and white stripes, might go between some blocks, or in some blocks...


The UFO Challenge on Patchwork Times has us working on Project #6... Since I need to finish Project 1 before January 24th, I`m swapping numbers 1 and 6!

Quilting UFO Projects:

  • January Project:  Quilt for my son (Quilt #2)
  • February Project:  Quilt for my oldest daughter (Quilt #3)

Other Projects:
  • Hand print quilt for my husband
  • Rocking Chair Cushions for my mom
  • Hand Bag for my mom
  • Small bag started at a quilt class
  • Baby Quilt cut out years ago
  • Rag Flannel quilt

1 comment:

Micki said...

Nice projects you have planned!
Happy New Year!
Micki