Thursday, January 23, 2014

WIP Wednesday - On Thursday

Yesterday was a long and exhausting day. My son and I went to a funeral to celebrate the life of an amazing mom from my son's bagpipe band that lost her battle with cancer. She always had a smile, a joke and a great outlook on life.

So when I thought about writing a blog, and linking up, I was too drained to get it done.... then much to my surprise today I saw the link for WIP Wednesdays.... on Thursday.  So figured I could link up today!!!

January's Goal -- only 6-8" go finish
Today I finished up 6 velvet cummerbunds for a dance performance on Saturday evening.   And I'm still working on the donation quilt for Saturday's Silent Auction.... only 6 - 8 inches to go on the binding!

Completed Cummerbunds
Velvet!  Yuck!
I usually don't have a problem with Velvet, but because this was sewing a tube, it continually wanted to twist!

Riley Blake Challenge... attaching borders.....


I'm sure the Brownies (age 7 & 8 Girl Guides) think this is the slowest craft around.... we are painting snowmen for a snow globe.... but because our meetings are so short, it will take us 4 weeks to complete.... tonight we will paint eyes and noses.... Next week we will assemble them!



Snowglobe paintings....

And here is my completed Simply Solids Bee block.... the last one....
I struggled getting this one done... couldn't get the angles right.



1 comment:

Christine Slaughter said...

Wow! So much work done. Those points on that block are so sharp... Perfect!