Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014? What happened to 2013?

Finish Along 2014
So I let my blog slip last year.... I did finish more than was posted and am currently working on some Silent Auction items for a Robbie Burns Dinner.


My new studio

Reviewing my 2013 Goals
  • Move my studio down the hall
  • Purchase with a plan
  • Continue to Longarm
  • Work on UFOs
  • Enjoy!
I made a Mrs Claus dress from stash
My studio was moved.  I still have a few boxes to properly unpack.  I did purchase with a plan and sew from stash.  Did I use all I purchased?  No.  Did sew more from stash than I purchased?  Probably not.  But I did enjoy sewing.

I did continue to longarm quilt.  And even tried my hand at making scarves on the longarm.

As for working on UFOs, I did, but didn't finish many....  


Scarves on the longarm A Scarf - Made on the Longarm
A new finishA new baby Quilt
A Computer Bag Finishing a Dresden UFO
And a Highland Dance Jacket!
Outside my comfort zone....
She keeps growing so another one is needed!
Gift items... Made a number of pillow cases





As for goals for 2014.... I think the ones from 2013 still apply today.... So for 2014 my goals are


Waiting for binding
A Lovely Year of Finishes Goal - January Goal

  • Finish Silent Auction Donation
Other January Goals
  • Make scarves on the longarm -- DONE
  • Make 2 Nightshirts -- DONE and given as a gift
  • Quilt Christmas Table topper
  • Quilt Hallowe'en Table topper

1st Quarter Goals (in addition to the above list)
  • Bind 2 Quilts that are already finished
  • Highland Dance National Costume
  • Finish Red Skirt 
  • Make a top for me
  • Finish Riley Blake Challenge

    3 comments:

    Jane Holbrook said...

    I am laughing at your questions. Did I use all that I purchased? Are you kidding? Leah, you sound Scottish. My son-in-law is Scottish, and my daughter, his wife, teaches Scottish dancing. And, did I miss your goal for January? I had better go back and review what you wrote. Seems like you were a very busy mom and seamstress. Blogs can't begin to catch what we do with our busy days. Happy Sewing in your new studio.

    The Little Crofthouse said...

    haha maybe we should set over buying fabric as a goal rather than a guilt trip lol.

    Well done on that jacket ! It looks stunning.

    Abigail

    Katy Cameron said...

    Good luck with your list!