From my Getting It Done List for January:
7. Rennovations - This room is really long... its almost 30' by 10'6" at one end, and 8'9" at the other end. It has 4 doors (one to a cold storage room, one to the bath room, and two to hallways) and is a weird shape! But it will be great to have all my sewing stuff all in the same room (not 3 rooms plus the hallway!)
- Empty both Rooms DONE
- Remove carpets, wall, one door DONE
- Rewire, possibly adding a sub-panel for the room and better lighting. Wiring Done, sub-panel ready for wiring
- Frame in closet, buy a closet door. Closet framed, need to buy door. I have just enough of the flooring from the hallway to match the flooring. It will mean some piecing, but its only 6 square feet!
- (I think there is some discussion about insulation and the ceiling.... but.... that takes time....) No Insulation, just another layer of drywall
- Patch Drywall, Repaint Currently Patching walls, and re-gyprocking the ceiling.
- Re-floor (maybe some in-floor heating?) No infloor heating, but a new baseboard heater. I will install new laminate wood flooring with cork underlay.
- Move Stuff! This won't happen in January!!!!
![]() |
| My 9yo daughter was a great help today... when she got bored she started drawing on the wall.... |
![]() |
| New Ceiling -- 5 sheets of new drywall. Looking towards the longarm area |
![]() |
| The New Wall -- its a closet into the hall We took out the "extra" doorway (didn't need 3 doors!) And it'll give me a storage closet for winter clothes. |
![]() |
| Looking towards the area that will home my sewing machines |




1 comment:
I'm so excited watching you put your sewing area together...I am putting my design together as we speak and I've had all my sewing room packed up in a POD in our driveway for almost six months!! It's way too long to be without sewing and I'm climbing the walls...! but atlast I have construction beginning next week...my room is no way near as big as yours, but it is my former two car garage and about a 1/4 of it, we made a huge walk in pantry and it has served us well for many years...we've had this converted in 2000 when we closed our business and brought some of it at home to this space, years later, I got to take over it completely and have dreamt of a day I could have it completely redone!! I'm excited and hope you keep me posted on everything you are doing!!
Post a Comment