Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday...


New projects:
  • On one of the lists I'm on there was a call out for embroidery testers... So I tested out 3 hummingbird designs.  Two of them are already stitched into a small zippered bag.
    bag-1bag-2hummingbird6
  • New Socks... My sewing room is COLD!  Its in the basement and the floors are freezing.  I dislike sewing in shoes (I always wear my runners while at the longarm, but in my sewing room...).  So I thought I'd try out the Fleece Boot Socks from Studio Cherie as shown on Sew, Mama, Sew.  The pattern was great... the socks are wonderful, but I used scrap micro fleece, so they aren't very warm.  I think I'll dig out some 200wt or 300wt Polar fleece I have left from a sale at the Malden Mills warehouse 8 years ago.... 
Progress:
  • Mariner's Quilt- I got another section completed.  I also purchased the Red Snappers & Red-E-clamps Replacement clamps from Quilts on the Corner.  I haven't had a chance to install the Red Snappers, but added some elastic to the Red-E clamps and put them on my machine.  They are GREAT!
  • i>
  • Stars on the Mountain Quilt - I got 28 9patch blocks finished today....
    9 patch blocks9patches
Resolved to Sew 2012.... So how am I doing 2 weeks into the year?  Fabric has been purchased... but it was planned and some even used!  I have completed 2 UFOs, and a few other projects.  The biggest thing I haven't been doing is spending enough time with my longarm.  But I am getting back to that this week. Check out the Resolved to Sew giveaway over at Very Berry Handmade.


My Red Log Cabin block was featured on Block a Day Challenge at Quilt Addicts Anonymous

WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedLinking up toWiP Wednesdays at Freshly Pieced and Needle and Thread Network


3 comments:

The Thompsons said...

I love the red log cabin- very nice!

Sheila said...

You have lots of projects on the go, really like the log cabin block.

Peggy said...

Love that log cabin - and the colors in the 9-patch are just so fresh. Can't wait to see the finishes!