I've been occupying my sewing area... Have a number of projects on
the go... It great to be back in the sewing room after a few months of hardly sewing.
Some more practice with the pantographs. This is getting easier...
 |
| The Holly and Poinsettia's are getting easier. Pantograph by Dave Hudson of PatternMan.com |
And a different pattern, makes it harder again... Some free hand work at the end, taking advantage of the lines on the fabric....
 |
| Some freehand work... Pantograph stars getting better |
 |
| Trying a new pattern - those stars are HARD! |
 |
| Christmas Tree! |
My mom wanted to make my Gram a paper tree to hang in her hospital room, but last night I had a "better" idea... so using the batting made above, I then made a pattern for a tree and then using my longarm machine traced out the tree.
Next step is decorating the tree with some rickrack and buttonholes to put the lights through. Then I'll attach a backing and we'll pin some ornaments to it to hang up next weekend for my Gram.
The Completed Quilt
This summer I started a
Winter Quilt but needed some unwashed white fabric for the outer border. I got the fabric in September but never got back to the project. Yesterday I bought the backing and today I used my longarm to quilt the quilt. Must say I love the longarm, much easier than basting on the floor, but nearly as time consuming (especially on my first quilt on the longarm)
 |
| Almost Complete! |
 |
| Close Up - Midpoint |
 |
| Getting Started |
 |
| Finishing Up |
No comments:
Post a Comment