Thursday, October 30, 2014

A Lovely Year of Finishes --- October Goals MET! And a first place Ribbon!


Wow! Another busy month.......
The goal of my quilting was my Guild's Quilt Show.   I submitted 4 quilts.... but 2 were NOT complete at the beginning of the month....


A Show Favourite!   My Riley Blake Modern Quilt Guild Challenge Quilt won the Modern Quilt category!

So how did I do on my A Lovely Year of Finish Goals?

4 quilts were prepped and hung in the guild's show last week!  Hallowe'en costumes were prepped from stash and mostly supplies from around the house.   Total cost for 4 costumes was approximately 3.50 for glow in the dark stars and a magician hat!

Dance Costume sewing going slowly.  But that will change next week!









At the beginning of the month, I had this quilt on the longarm...   And it needed to magically quilt itself... then get bound, label attached and hanging sleeve added.

So how did it go.... Not too bad.

Here is the quilting finished.....  Its off the machine.... And squared up. Bound, Labeled, and hung in the quilt show!




Challenge Quilt

Next up was my Challenge Quilt.  It started the month as a quilt top.... and finished as a preemie quilt.   Ready to be donated to the Neonatal unit at a local hospital next month through our guild.

The quilt quickly progressed from being folded and waiting, to on the frame.....   Then squared up, bound, and ready to go!


I'll post more photos of it in a separate post.....

Other sewing

I started hornpipe pants... OK the muslin!  Thought about the muslin and blouse.... but got distracted Hallowe'en sewing...



Hornpipe Pants Muslin 
aka -- PJs!

Cape
New lease on life.... made 30+ years ago for Darth Vader...  Now a magician!
An axe.... tonight's creativity ready for school tomorrow
And my Girl Guide Cookie.... (more later on this)


So YES I made my goal!  Check out how others did on their goals!  



No comments: