Sunday, February 9, 2014

Preemie Quilt Challenge


My guild had a Preemie Quilt Challenge for this month's meeting.  It was to have hearts.... but wanting to use up some dinosaur print fabric (boy's colours) it was a little more challenging....

The fabric was all flannelette from my stash and was a pain to work  with on the longarm as the flannelette seemed quite stretchy and it was 4 large blocks that were contrasting colours.... so it took work to keep the quilt SQUARE!  Which really wasn't something to be done after midnight!   


Dinosaur Foot Prints in the background fabrics
Red squares done with ruler work
Blue squares are free motion clouds

On the frame

Finished and BOUND!!!!

The quilts were displayed at our guild meeting.... and over 50 quilts were finished for the challenge!   The quilts are donated to a local hospital Special Care Nursery for those infants needing to be in an incubator.  There are going to be some lucky little babies receiving these quilts over the next year...

I have two more quilts ready to donate, but they need binding.  A friend and I have traded, I'm going to finish quilting a quilt for her, and she will bind some of mine.  I will leave the 2 donation quilts for her.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful quilt. Having 2 sons of my own, I know they appreciate dinosaur hearts. One year I made apple pies with them and we cut truck shapes on the top crust for vents (instead of the more traditional flowers) lol.

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

What a beautiful idea! Good on your guild :)