![]() |
| Practicing.... after a hard day of dance |
Most of July was spent at camps. The first week of July was spent at Church camp with the kids. I got to play in the craft room for the week. The best part... someone else figured out and prepped the crafts! I just did the instructing! And some cleanup.... We did carving "impressions" and used oil paint sticks for rubbings, beading, made scrolls, and paper folding pyramids....
Playing with the oil paint sticks was great! I'd never used them before and have been intrigued to try them.
![]() |
| Dancers at Week 1 of Piping Hot Summer Drummer |
![]() |
| Last Day Massed Bands and Highland Fling! |
| Swimsuit & Crop Tops All wearable testers for my 10yo |
| Front Costume |
Hey she needed a new swimsuit anyways!
The costume ended up being 3 peices, a bodysuit (based on Jalie Swimsuit 2317 - its OOP), a skirt and a crop tank top for modesty. The black is a beautiful stretch velour cotton, the plaid is a swimsuit lycra (that you would need to line if making a swimsuit!). All fabrcis were purchased at Fabricana, which is a local store. The blue swimsuit is fully lined and the lining and blue plaid were picked up at Our Social Fabric, the two testers of the crop top were scraps in my sewing stash....
| Back of Costume |
This year I have been participating in the "Simply Solids: a modern {bee}" hosted by Erin at Sew at Home Mummy. Here are my blocks for the past few months.... And I must get my thinking cap on because my month is approaching fast... I've got November!
I have to say... August's Block was nice and quick after the paper piecing the spiral... And June's block was a little challenging because it was out of the box and free-form! But its a great block swap.... even if I mailed July's block on August 1st! (August's block was also mailed then)
| June's Block... Freeform | July's Block... Paper Pieced | August's Block... Churn Dash |
And have you been following the Ho Ho Ho Blog Hop? Check out some great projects... and check back on Aug 7th for my contribution!




2 comments:
I'm kind of glad I picked such an easy block after the last couple that were a bit more intense :D Good to have a bit of a break!
Sounds like you have had a busy summer! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday
Post a Comment