Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ho Ho Ho! Let's Blog Hop!


Welcome to Day 6!

Many thanks to Madam Samm at Sew We Quilt and Carol at Just Let Me Quilt for hosting this Blog Hop. It has been great getting a head start on Christmas sewing...

August 7







This week my 10yo daughter and I have been working on our entries.  Our first project was a Penguin Pillow.... She drew the penguin and I turned it into a fusible applique pillow....  And I used lots of decorative stitching for quilting the borders. 






and he looked lonely so we also worked on a Polar Bear Pillow.






Here they are both together....




Also using Connecting Threads Christmas Mini Charm we made a quilt top for a table topper... Haven't decided what to back this with, or what to use for binding....  And I'm out of batting, so this will have to wait until I can get to town (or get my husband to bring some in his backpack to the island)




Thank you for making time to visit, I really appreciate it. Please visit the other blogs at the links above. They all have beautiful projects to share and perhaps a Giveaway or two. Thank you! 


71 comments:

Kristen King said...

Those pillows are adorable and I really like your quilt! :)

Judy B said...

Your pillows are darling! Your helper did good. Thank you for sharing.

Vickie said...

You and your daughter make a great team ! Very cute pillows !

jan said...

Very cute pillows! I am glad you get to share this time with your daughter!
Yall did a great job
jan@sewandsowfarm

Unknown said...

Oh they are so very cute......love the pillows and the table runner....Your daughter and you made a wonderful team.

Baa. xxx said...

They are so cute. what a great combined effort! They look perfect together!

Marianne said...

two cute pillows and two cute ornaments. Very creative. Thank you

Anonymous said...

Love the cushions so gorgeous! You did a great job. Thanks for sharing.........Marie (mlismore@optusnet.coma.au)

Unknown said...

How fun that you and your daughter made the pillows together. She is a very talented little artist. Thanks for sharing today!

Frederika said...

What a lovely pillows. Great job. Thanks for sharing

Heleen Groot said...

Lovely projects. All of them. I love the pillows. They are too cute. Wonderfully done!

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

Cute, cute cushions and I love the fabrics you used for the tablerunner, looks great!

Rhonda said...

Isn't it great to have a helper!! And what a fantastic job you both did!!

Donna said...

The Penguin is adorable! Your daughter is quite an artist. Thanks for sharing.

JoyceLM said...

Cute pillows. Thanks for sharing.

Gill said...

Great projects - I especially like the cushions!
Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Those pillows are fabulous. What a talented daughter you have! And I really like the table runner too.

Jeanie said...

Cute pillows and runner! Thanks for sharing this today!

Sparky said...

Ohhh Leah..tell your sweet daughter she did a great drawing your projects are very sweet...

Carol said...

The pillows are cute and the table topper is "charming"! Thanks for sharing!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Oh what adorable pillows!! I just love both of them...and Connecting Threads...

Thearica said...

The pillows are fantastic and so is the wallhanging!

Melody said...

Adorable cushions and a delightful quilt too

Michele T said...

You and your daughter are a very talented team!!! Great designs! Thanks for sharing in the hop!

Just Quilt It said...

Cute, cute pillows. You must be very proud of your daughter for already designing and sewing with you. I love the way you used your decorative stitches in the borders. The table topper is going to be gorgeous when you get it completed, too.

Sherry said...

Delightful projects, how nice you are a mother daughter team!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Cute, cute pillows! And how fun that you and your daughter did them together. :) blessings, marlene

Leah said...

The penguin and polar bear are too cute! Super job!! Thanks for sharing.

Heidi [Banks of Frog Creek] said...

What cute pillows!!!

Linda said...

How wonderful! Tell your daughter she is a great artist! What a nice team you two make!

Margaret said...

I love your pillows and your quilt. You and your daughter make a great team. Thanks for sharing

Tanyia said...

adorable! I love that little penguin!!!

apple blossom said...

aaaawwwhhh the penguin is adorable

Carol Swift said...

Cute, cute pillows...love them in blue! Your table topper is lovely, too...can't wait to see it finished. :O)

charlotte said...

Wonderful pillows and your table topper is just too sweet. Great job.

Lou said...

Your pillows are adorable!

Jane's Quilting said...

OMG, what cute pillows and to have your daughter help was the best part, I'm sure.

Suze said...

Your 10 yo daughter is a very talented young artist. I went back and reread to be sure that it was a 10 year old who made the patterns. Wow! I went down some major rabbit trails looking at your blog. You are obviously very involved with all your children I had a good chuckle at the Easter egg finish. Gramdma got her egg and the children forgot about the one at home. I love how you involve the different children in different aspects of the project. I saw how the children have been involved in camps this summer. I am glad to see children involved in activities and not glued to a television or a hand held device. Your son appears to be accomplished on the bag pipes - that is not an easy instrument to play. I am amazed that he has had the tenacity. I adore the ornament runner. However, you decide to finish it, it will be stunning. Thank you for participating and sharing your creativity as well as that of your daughter. You made me miss my mom today. She and I did projects together until I left home and then we'd discuss them long distance as long as she was alive.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

How cute are those pillows. Your daughter is very talented to have drawn those too.

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

Can I borrow your designer! :-) Beautiful projects!

evelyn said...

Very talented artist your daughter! Love the pillows. Batting is light weight, hubby should have no problem, right!?

Scrapbook-ChickADoodle said...

Great projects! Love the sweet penguin.
Looks like your daughter is talented like her Mom!
Thanks for sharing!

Calicojoan said...

What a fun little treasure for your daughter's drawing. Just too cute.

tink's mom said...

Great job on design and execution or your sew sweet pillows. Your detail is wonderful. Love the fish. The table topper will be a wonderful holiday addition to your home, again love the detail of the hooks.

Unknown said...

Love the pillows! My favorite is the penguin! Your daughter definitely is talented, just like her mom. Thanks for sharing. Hope you get your binding soon.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What darling pillows! Thanks so much for sharing!

cyndiofthevortex said...

Your projects are just wonderful! Please tell your daughter that I think she is very talented and has a future in quilt design. How lucky you are to have such a creative partner to work with!

Joanna said...

Aw, you pillow creatures are loveable. They really are sweet. I love your ornament runner, too. Nice projects.

Joyce Carter said...

Beautiful projects, Leah. Your daughter did a great job drawing the patterns and they turned out fantastic. Thank you for sharing them today.

Britt-Inger said...

Your pillows are adorable. Thanks for sharing

Emily C said...

So cute! I'm glad mr. penguin got a friend.

maggie said...

Very cute pillows. I especially love the Penguin .
Lovely table runner as well. How nice to share this with your daughter!
cheers
maggie

maggiemine42@gmail.com

Robin said...

Oh, I just love those pillows! Great job to the both of you!!!

gpc said...

Adorable! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the penguin pillow...he is too cute...and his little buddy is wonderful too. Thanks for sharing!

Catherine said...

Your bear and penquin are so cute! Your table topper is wonderful. This is a great pattern. Very nice fabric as well.

Marcy said...

That's a beautiful table topper. Neat colors, beautiful work.

VickiT said...

The pillows are just adorable. I really love the table topper with the ornaments. Super cute.

Sherry said...

Oh, so cute! Love the pillows and the little quilt, too.

Janarama said...

Very cool pillows ... love your choice of colors.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Leah!!! Oh my daughter and I would love those pillows---she loves penguins and I love polar bears. You've made a great top for the table topper, would love to see it finished. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas, blessed be, hugs!!! Pam

pamspretties57 at gmail dot com

LJ said...

You have a talented daughter with her artistic hand. Great pillows. My one granddaughter thinks penquins are so sweet and that pillow would be right up her alley.

Kathy H said...

Such cute pillows and I have always liked the ornament runner. Yours turned out great too.

Sallie said...

Cute!

Beth said...

I love the fabrics your chose for your table topper! Your pillows are too cute also. Thank you for sharing.

Sandy said...

Such cute pillows and tabletopper. Thanks for sharing with us.

Linda C said...

How wonderful that you and your young daughter worked on your hop entries together. She may have quite a future as a quilter, thanks to your influence and this creative sessions. Well done both of you!

Sharon Dawn said...

Those are darling pillows and I love your little ornament quilt!! Thanks for sharing your festive projects!

Angie in SoCal said...

Darling pillows - a great get ready for winter project.

BizyStitches said...

Thanks for being part of the fun blog hop. I enjoyed your blog.

Cecilia said...

Your pillows are adorable. Your helper did a great job. Thanks for sharing.