Monday, August 2, 2010

Ottobre 2-2010 #9 Katherine

I wanted to check out the fit of this top... I haven't made myself much since losing over 100lbs and really need a new TNT pattern. This fabric is a lovely cotton-lycra knit (a nice heavier weight), the print really isn't me but its great for PJs!

Pattern Description: Katherine Stripped Top
Pattern Sizing: European sizes 34-48
Fabric: A cotton-lycra heavy knit

Modification: Lengthened 7.5cm, skipped the sleeve ruffles, added same detail on sleeve hems as on neckline

Comments on fit: I don't really like the puffed sleeve for everyday, so will either find another pattern for a TNT pattern, or change the sleeve. Also this top gapes at the neckline a little so I will be doing two modifications... first I will be shortening above the armscye about 1cm on the front and I will also pinch out about .5cm in width at the top of the CF seam

Conclusion: This top is quick and easy to sew... A great wardrobe basic, with a different neckline.


And for a close up of the neckline see:Closeup

No comments: