
From My Sewing and CraftingIn January 2009 I made the following top, but didn't post a photo until I finished my jeans in April 2009 - Jeans.
And this past week I remade the shirt into something that would fit now. I used Ottobre 2/10 #9 and did add about 1.5" more ease at CF as I needed it to get it to fit onto the older tshirt, and then I gathered it into the neckline.
I also lowered the sleeve cap and shortened the upper bodice between high bust and the shoulder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is a really fun top! Your weight loss is so inspiring to me. It makes me feel like I can do it.
Leah, how do you that type of edging on the neckline and sleeve? Do you make a regular folded binding, then lettuce? or? I have seen those, but with the thickness of some of the knits I've been using, I don't think the regular binding would lettuce that nicely.
Norma Edwards
I lettuce edge a 4cm wide strip of fabric (single, not folded), then sew it into a circle and serge onto the neckline and topstitch.
Post a Comment