Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Year of Finishes -- July

Glad I set my sights low for July.  I wasn't home much of the month....  First was at the Canadian Highland Dance Championships in Richmond BC.   The week started off with the BC premier dancers in a 153 dancer choreography!

During this time, my son headed off to the Penticton Highland Festival.....
We also spent two weeks at Piping Hot Summer Drummer for 2 weeks of piping, drumming and Highland Dancing....   Including a weekend to Kamloops for the Highland Games there.  My 11yo headed off to Girl Guide camp.... and weathered rolling thunderstorms, as a day of solid rain after the storms. While she was at camp we headed off to the Pacific Northwest Highland Games, where my son's band finished their North American Season strong with a first place finish.  Off to Scotland next for the World Pipeband Championships on the Glasgow Green!  

My blocks
So with all that going on.... what did I complete?  From my list of goals, I completed the dance shorts, and re-hemmed the sleeves on the jacket including cutting off extra fabric so they are a little wider (less bulky).  As for the quilt.... it was cut out, assembled, and put on the longarm!   I think that qualifies as done - for this month!
Finished Quilt Top on Longarm

No comments: