First Project I worked on was cutting out many Circle Zip Pouches for year end teacher gifts. This is a great tutorial and nice and simple -- I used the 5" Circle Accuquilt Go Die to cut 5" circles. They are a little larger than the pattern called for but it made cutting so much easier. I completed one of the pouches today -- the first one being for ME!. For the zipper I used a 7" metal zipper.... wouldn't recommend using a metal zipper, so I will probably use invisible zippers for the rest of them.... I have WAY too many invisible zips.....
Fabric Used was the Moda Punctuation line that I won a few years ago in a layer cake.
I also cut out an Izzy Top for my 8yo in pink fabric, and a top from Ottobre for my 11yo. The pattern for my 11yo is an Ottobre Women pattern, but she really needs a size 32 (not 34) so I scaled down the pattern for her. This will be a "muslin" out of some navy fabric. I am making the first one without a "skirt" as she has a couple of navy skirts that need a top, and I don't have enough navy fabric!
I can't believe that its nearly the end of May. I must get back to the quilt on my longarm.... maybe Thursday.... It needs to be off the frame by the weekend!Upcoming project: I have a new hand sewing project coming up.... I need to modify two band kilts...
![]() |
| Band Kilt for 11yo.... Nearly finished. It has a couple of pleats that need blue or green thread. |
The second kilt is more work.... this kilt has taken some serious damage in the past. Previously the under-apron and apron have been swapped and the threads re-woven from what looks like a slash in the under-apron. But now there is a patch on the back that has seen significant wear on the pleats.... BUT this kilt has previously been sized down by moving the buckle by 8" (or more).... so I am going to remove this section. Unfortunately by doing so I will not be able to completely preserve the sett on the back of the kilt, but the kilt will be in much better condition and last my daughter through most of next year. Although the band is looking at ordering new kilts, I'm pretty sure they won't be ordering the smallest sizes.... as they fit so few, for so little time! Once the major modification is done, I will need to move buckles on this one too. Deadline on this is August for Scotland!
![]() |
| Band Kilt for 8yo Still lots of work to do Damaged 8 pleats removed! |
Last week my daughter performed in her school choir concert and was one of the 3 pigs.... so I made her snout and ears.... My mom purchased the boa for her, she borrowed a tutu to go under her skirt and the rest of the costume was from her normal wardrobe!
No pattern was used for the snout or ears.... I did use the circle die to cut out the snout, but it was too big, so just moved the stitching in a little more and then cut off the edges..... Best two dies I own for the Accuquilt.... Circles & Hearts! I also have the stars template, but haven't used that one yet....






2 comments:
I love the little circle pouches, they are just so cute! So is your daughter's costume.
So, I have a question: If you had a choice: would you rather sew a kilt or purchase one?
My husband often wears his utilikilts (denim weight)to work. & He must think I am a competent sewist, as he asks if I can sew some up. I purchased the Folkwear kilt pattern to have something to go by, as I do not want to take apart the nice kilts we already own. So are they worth sewing? Thank-you for sharing your talents!
I love that zipper pouch.
Post a Comment