Saturday, June 18, 2011

FNSI - Another month of no sewing!

So how can it be that for the past 3 FNSI I can't participate?

One I had a fundraiser at my kids school, the second we were headed off to pipeband and highland dance competitions, and last night we headed to the cabin for Father's Day weekend. So I told my husband that for July's FNSI - it didn't matter, but I would be sewing!

So what are in my plans for the next month?
Finishing some Quilting UFOs!
  • Quilt 1: My sons Mariner's Quilt -- Finish Quilting and bind
  • Quilt 2: St. Patrick's Day Quilt -- Finish Quilting and bind
  • Quilt 3: Lily's Quilts Quilt Along Quilt -- Set Circles and quilt blocks, join blocks, then bind!
  • Quilt 4: May's UFO - A quilt for my grandmother
  • Quilt 5: June's UFO - Use Teacher's Quilt Blocks - Perfect its June!

And some Dancing Costumes
For this summer
  • Hornpipe Costume Reset Sleeves on my daughters Hornpipe Costumne
  • Jig Costume Make Apron, Skirt, Cumberbund
And for November....
  • Kilt Finish handstitching lining and buckles
  • Vest A black vest to go with my daughters new kilt... she can't wear purple with a fuschia kilt!
And some garments
  • Pants for my son


Now onto sewing... Must get some done before school ends June 29th.....

1 comment:

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your mention of the dancing costume got my curiosity up, so I went in search of dance costumes posts from your past. I see that your daughter does highland dance. Very cool! My daughter competed in Irish dancing for 9 years and loved it!